As your baby grows and develops into a boundless toddler, our program changes to provide more challenging activities and experiences to acquire new skills. A toddler's imagination and curiosity gives him/her great energy and potential, so we provide opportunities to develop and express these capacities. We allow our toddlers many chances to figure things out for themselves, while remaining available to them should they need assistance. Toddlers continue to learn through their senses, curiosity, exploration, and interactions with others in the world around them. The program also fosters language development, encourages social interaction, and develops physical skills. The environment is the classroom! The infant/toddler classrooms are furnished with numerous visually stimulating, creative and educationally sound materials.
Our staff in the infant/toddler complex insures proper care should first aid or health concerns arise. We provide wipes, cereal, table food, whole milk and fruit juice. You will need to provide diapers/pull-ups/training pants and 2 complete changes of clothing (these should be kept in a ziploc-bag labeled with your child's name and kept in his/her cubby). A favorite sleeping blanket, small pillow and a soft animal can be kept with his/her cot.
Toddlers are assigned classrooms based on age as follows:
Toddler 1 : 18 to 25 months Sudent/Teacher target ratio is 5 to 1
Toddler 2 : 25 to 32 months Sudent/Teacher target ratio is 6 to 1
Toddler Program Typical Day
- 6:30-8:30: Center opens, greet children, quiet activities, or comforting lap to ease separation. Breakfast and clean-up.
- 8:30-11:30: Activity or learning centers, snack, indoor/outdoor play
- 11:30-12:00: Wash hands, enjoy lunch and clean-up
- 12:00-3:00: Quiet time to rest/nap
- 3:00-3:30: Hand washing, snack, clean-up
- 3:30-4:30: Indoor/outdoor gross motor play
- 4:30-5:30: Quiet activities
- 5:30-6:30: Prepare for going home