3's & 4's Preschool
Our curriculum, expectations and care-giving are designed to accommodate your child as he/she goes through their different stages of growth and development. As a result, our full day program is packed with age appropriate activities and learning opportunities for each age group. Academically, we utilize the same curriculum that is offered at our other Wishing Well Preschools so rest assured that we are not just “baby-sitting” your children. We feel obligated to make the most of your child’s day, and do so, by following a few basic steps as outlined below.
- A building specifically designed as a childcare center. Our classrooms encourage play, address all developmental domains and promote creativity and independent choices. The custom designed furnishings, including toilets and sinks, are child sized, and the interior designs reflect graphics that are colorful and stimulating, yet soothing.
- Numerous classroom materials. All classrooms are equipped with colorful play equipment, a complete line of educational materials for independent and group learning centers, a wide variety of art media, supplies for cooking and theatrical productions, games, puppets, and numerous manipulative toys. Computers and videos are available, and the outdoor play area boasts of contemporary play equipment and activity centers.
- Qualified and dedicated staff. Our staff has been carefully selected for their specific educational degrees or early childhood training, previous teaching background, and their sensitivity to the individual needs of young children. They are truly professionals because of their standards of performance and commitment to education and children. Your child's day provides a balanced schedule of activities, individual and group participation, an educational program, active and quiet play, and times for meals, snacks and rest. A qualified cook prepares well balanced and nutritious lunches and snacks for the children. We also keep things interesting by having in-house field trips throughout the year. These events include many special visitors such as a magician, fire department, etc. all designed to entertain your children.
We are interested in the process of learning rather than the product of training. Our program focuses on kindergarten preparation, with a developmental readiness curriculum that is appropriate to the child's age and development to promote success. Our educational curriculum stimulates creativity, facilitates play and builds confidence, yet allows for maximum flexibility with children of diverse developmental levels. For most children, this is their first educational experience and it is imperative that it be enjoyable as well as enriching.
Child / Teacher ratio for Three Year olds is 9:1 with a maximum class size of 18.
Child / Teacher ratio for Four Year olds is 10:1 with a maximum class size of 20.
A typical day for your 3 or 4 year old.
- 6:30 - 8:30: Greet children, breckfast, open play and/or table activities
- 8:30 - 8:45: Group bathroom and wash hands
- 8:45 - 9:00: Attendance/Story time
- 9:00 - 10:00: Indoor/Outdoor play
- 10:00 - 10:15: Hand washing, snack,
- 10:15 - 11:30: Preschool program
- 11:30 - 12:30: Restroom/hand washing, lunch, clean-up
- 12:30 - 2:30: Quiet time/Nap
- 2:30 - 2:45: Restroom/hand washing
- 2:45 - 3:00: Snack
- 3:00 - 3:45: Indoor/Outdoor Play
- 3:45 - 4:30: ‘Discovery Time’: cooking, creative arts, music, science, games, stories
- 4:30 - 6:30: Group story, self-directed play(library, games), videos, prepare for home